The Commercial Controller Retail Benelux will act as the finance business partner for the commercial organization overseeing the Retail Benelux. The Commercial Controller will be in charge of leading the budgeting and forecasting activities.
The Commercial Controller Retail Benelux will act as the finance business partner for the commercial organization overseeing the Retail Benelux. Working very closely with this team while remaining closely connected to the finance vision and strategy. The Commercial Controller will be in charge of leading the budgeting and forecasting activities in close partnership with their stakeholder. He/She is the one enhancing decision making and overseeing potential financial risks. He/She will take care of data analytics and reporting leveraging the existing business intelligence tools. A mix of strategic thinking, business acumen and a pragmatic, hands-on attitude are considered critical for success.
- Act as reliable and solid advisor to the senior management through reporting on main business drivers and variance analysis (Volume, Price, Mix, COGS and SG&A).
- You are part of the Retail Management Team, driving results through numbers and improving business impact.
- In collaboration with the FP&A team, coordinate the forecasting process, in which consistency and alignment across and between departments is key.
- Build solid financial forecast scenarios based on advanced data analytics and a solid set of assumptions.
- Ensure any business decision is grounded on a sound analysis of the current and predicted financial situation of the commercial department.
- In alignment with the commercial team define and consistently work together towards achieving a set of achievable, yet highly ambitious financial targets.
- Advise on and execute the pricing strategy within the Benelux, driven by the market reality and based on a thorough financial analysis and strong business insight.
- Act as a strong and trustworthy finance business partner for the Benelux commercial team by enabling the team to reach the targets through consistent follow up, high quality advisory, accountability check-ins and coaching where required.
- Provide trade accruals and follow up trade balances.
- Prepare and lead the monthly financial review.
- Analyze trade investments and make recommendations to maximize their effectiveness.
- Prepare the commercial negotiations with the sales directors and Key Account managers
- Monitor customers and product profitability and take corrective actions where needed
Your skills and behavior requirements
- Master’s degree in Economics with +7 years of relevant experience preferable in FMCG or food environment
- Forecasting a company’s financials requires both an understanding of historical performance as well as the key assumptions and trends that may impact future performance. This requires a broad knowledge of both accounting and business operations.
- Committed to respect deadlines.
- Solid business partner.
- Strong team player highly motivated who can effectively interface with and present results to all levels of management.
- Expert Excel skills for financial modelling.
- Experience with enterprise-wide software systems (BI, SAP).
- Strategic understanding.
- Result and process orientation, solutions oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluency in Dutch
This role is based in our Benelux Headquarter based in Tilburg. We have a flexible work policy.
What we offer
Working at Van Geloven is being part of a professional family, an industry leader in the manufacturing of snacks. We have strong company values, invest heavily in personal and professional development of our workforce. Amongst providing excellent career options we also have the following to offer for this exciting role;
- Excellent Remuneration package
- 40 Vacation days (25 + 15)
- Hybrid working
- Discount on our products
- Laptop and Phone
- And much more…..
About Van Geloven
Van Geloven produces and markets frozen snacks and appetizer products across the range of retail, foodservice and quick service restaurant channels. Van Geloven has a leading position in the European market and sells both branded and private label products. Van Geloven’ s strength lies in carrying strong brands as Mora, Van Dobben, De Bourgondier.The company has 6 production facilities, employs roughly 1500 employees and achieves approximately €300 million in annual revenues. There is a pleasant open and collegial atmosphere within the Van Geloven organization and team with a lot of room for own initiative.
Van Geloven is part of McCain, a Canadian family business and the largest manufacturer of frozen potato products in the world. With McCain as shareholder a platform has been created for further international expansion and growth.
You can apply here.